Sunday, May 15, 2016

Week 4- Blog 3

IM SO ANNOYED. I've gotten hung up on 3 times from the same charity, charities who agreed to answer questions have yet to do so after several emails and phone calls. I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. I spent a free block all Friday trying to get the answers from Wounded Warriors and I got nothing but rudeness and a lack of sincerity. I'm so upset with how this project is going and I want to give up so bad. I try to be assertive and not take no for an answer but they realize I need them, they don't need me so its hard trying to get answers and connections to people when they have 0 desire to give me what i need. I think this challenge and struggle has been good for me though, I have stayed with most charities for a while now which i am proud of. I considered giving up on most charities a lot but i kept going and although i didnt get the wanted result i was still proud of my determination. These next and final two weeks are going to be intense but I'm ready for them..good luck to all

2 comments:

  1. Emma, if these charities are not willing to speak to you maybe it gives you more incite about what they are all about? I don't know the nature of your questions, but if they are avoiding the interviews sounds like they are just trying to hide information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried talking to GKTW and see their take on charities that aren't honest? Maybe it could work to switch gears and interview those that are truthful about where the money goes.

    ReplyDelete