Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Week 4 maybe 5- Blog 1

WELL talk about road blocks. I've had an interesting go of it the past two weeks but I have turned my life around for the better. I am now looking at the positive side of loyal charities and trying to give them praise for what they do. They make tremendous changes in people's lives and thats something that deserves recognition. I don't want to forget about what I learned about the negatives and those are still included in all of my research but my final product is being altered. I'm not looking at the charities and taking the positive parts and putting those in a quick video. I have people talking about give kids the world, my interview from saint jude's and  red cross and so on. I'm excited to shine light on the positives now instead of dwelling on the negatives. This change was almost forced because no bad charity would talk to me but I'm still excited now.

I think this road block has taught me a lot about myself. I've realized (finally) i give up easily, almost too easily. I have no confidence in my own ideas and have almost always relied on Mr. Igoe to point me in the right direction. Not being able to "lean" on him and get information out of him has pushed me to the point of frustration, sadness and basically heart break. But look at me now, still standing in one piece and thinking on my own. So thank you Mr. Igoe for pushing me to think and search for something new, its appreciated (after the annoyance phase). I have come to see around you were just encouraging me to be independent.

2 comments:

  1. Emma I am glad that you are happy and excited to change the focus of your final product from negative perspective to a positive one. I am also proud of the fact that you found a way out of no way. I think putting a spin on your project was good because now you get to see the good and the bad of what some charities do. I also think that you have learned a lot about yourself and that is a good thing. Even though you did rely on Mr.Igoe I can understand why you did. You felt like he would have the answer or a least a solution and when a lot of teenager can't figure something out we as others for help. So i think what you did was fine especially since we are still growing and learning and developing. It's always okay to ask people for help. I hope your project goes well and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah people suck dirty socks

    ReplyDelete